J. Keath Fetter
J. Keath Fetter, Partner
Keath’s practice is focused on the representation of businesses and individuals in complex business, professional liability and estate litigation matters, together with general business counseling, throughout the eastern portion of Pennsylvania.
As a result of his extensive experience in a wide range of litigation matters, he is often appointed by the court or counsel to serve as a mediator or arbitrator to resolve business, insurance, construction and professional liability disputes.
Keath also counsels businesses, professionals and non-profit entities on risk management and litigation avoidance, and is a frequent legal education presenter on litigation-related topics.
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Estate Litigation
- Business Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association, Past President
- Chester County Bar Foundation, Past President
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Former Hearing Committee Chair
- Local Civil Rules Advisory Committee for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Former Member
- Westtown-Goshen Rotary Club, Past President
- Church of the Holy Trinity (West Chester, Pennsylvania), Member
- Successful representation of software development company in intellectual property licensing dispute with major international education provider
- Appointed counsel for closely-held business in complex professional liability and shareholder dispute matters, resulting in substantial settlements for the client
- Successful defense through trial and appeal of Fortune 100 corporation in significant breach of contract claim
- Representation of real estate development company in breach of contract claim against national builder
- Representation of companies in disputes with former employees over violation of restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A. in English Literature
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania